Snapped this on a trip to NY last September while sitting at B Cup Cafe. Coffee there was great!
Recently interviewed a candidate whose resume had 13 pages! I didn’t bother printing more that 4. It’s crazy that he thought someone would go through all that information before talking to him. The highlights section was a beauty as well.
I personally, try to keep my resume as short as possible. It’s currently at just about 2 pages.
This guy latched onto my car’s side view mirror and hitched a ride to my office. About 4 miles or so… probably a whole new world for it.
Got the following list as a forward. Being quite a typical desi, I do have to agree with quite a few of them 🙂
- The only reason you go to a temple on festivals is because there is free food.
- You keep comparing prices at electronics store for the phone you bought six months ago.
- You bought a Toyota or Honda car only because it has better resale value.
- You ask for a small drink at fast food restaurant because the refill is free.
- You spent 2 days cleaning your apartment before leaving so you can get full security refund from your landlord.
- You don’t know any American outside your work.
- You try to ignore all other unknown desis around you.
- You talk to Americans as if you represent your whole country.
- You frequent to yard sales every week.
- You use grocery bags as garbage bags.
- Office supplies mysteriously find their way in your house.
- You don’t want to buy a printer because you can always use the office printer.
- You decide to marry a girl/guy that your parents fixed you up with.
- You split the tax from your common grocery bill.
- You know more than one plans offered by long distance companies.
- You take plain water instead of Coke for lunch.
- You take any drink with no ice because you can’t drink ice.
- You ask before eating any meat “Is this beef?”
- You know all the facilities available at public library.
- You find taco bell sauce packets in your kitchen drawer.
- You take off your shoes before stepping foot in your living room.
- You like onion rings at Burger King.
- You are looking for dual voltage appliances and GSM cellphones
- The number of long distance calls is more than domestic calls.
- Your first name ends with kumar, bhai or ben
- You have at least one India made pressure cooker in your kitchen.
- You know how much a 7 layer burrito costs at Taco Bell.
- Put oil in your hair.
- You have a picture of Indian Deity on the dashboard of your car.
- This thought comes to you “Oh Shit I just saw another desis” when you are window shopping at a local mall.
- You are compelled to visit every major city in U.S. just so as to say that “Yes, I have been there”.
- You pay your bills the day they come in mail.
- You buy rice in the 20lb bags or larger.
- You have postponed buying answering machine because the phone you are planning to buy six months later has built-in answering machine.
- You start spelling your name to the operator like A as in Apple, B as in boy, T as in train… well you get the idea.
- You bring over the counter medicine like Iodex and Vicks from India
- You know the current differential in gold prices between India and U.S.
- Use the credit card with maximum cash back
- You have collected enough frequent flier miles for an international trip.
- You are saving more than 30% of your salary.