After about 4 months of
inactivity little activity, I finally sat down sometime back and updated HemingwayEx. Added some much needed new features and squashed some old bugs. Again, a lot of help came from many others who have liked this forum and were nice enough to report bugs and give ideas of what more can be done with the theme.
Anyways, with this relase, HemingwayEx has made a major jump. The theme is now Widgetized. Users can now go to the options page and set whether they want to use the old blocks system or use widgets for sidebars. I have also added a font size changer and added comment numbering.
Going forward, I am planning on making the theme more customizable and adding internationalization support. Also, will work on adding more user styles.
Here are the
pseudo release notes / changelog:
Release date: Jul 14, 2007
Release Notes: I have fixed a few more bugs. Also added some major features into the theme.
- Widgetized the theme. User can switch between using Hemingway Blocks System or Widgetized Sidebars.
- Added a font size changer. Now viewers can increase / decrease the size of font by clicking on a few links just below the search form. Credit goes to this simple and easy tutorial.
- Numbered comments, that look (IMHO) cool.
- Added an Asides Widget to be used when theme is being used in widgetized mode. The functionality is the same as the Asides block previously added to HemingwayEx.
- Added a new block WordSpew, thanks to Darwin.
- Simple CSS fixes to style.css
- Added more properties to white.css
- Removed all PHP short tags. I think this time I got ’em all.
- Fixed bugs pointed out by Darwin
Tested on : WordPress 2.1 and WordPress 2.2.1 with IE6, IE7 and Firefox