ok… first off… let me confess my love for Orkut… a great social networking place… where I get to network with ppl the way I like it…
Anyway… so I was going to write about communities… I currently have 43 communities that I am a member of… and I own one of them… use these communities not to interact with like minded people… These communities are here to allow people, who visit my profile, to get more information about me.
You can get to know a lot about a person, just by seeing the communities that they are a part of…
here’s a list of communities that I have added till now…
so… what do you get to know about me from this list ??
- I have studied at UIC, ITM, AFGJI, Kendriya Vidyalaya, APS, Army School etc etc… and passed out of AFGJI in 2000
- I have stayed in or currently am in Chicago, Delhi, India
- My Birthday is October 10th and I am a Libran
- I am from the Computer Science background and use Linux as one of my operating systems and I like programming
- I am a JAT !! 🙂
- I come from a defense background… more specifically from the Indian Air Force
- I like watching Friends, The Simpsons, South Park
- I read Dilbert and PhD comics now and then
- I am lazy and I waste time
- I love drinking Beer and Vodka and eating Maggi noodles
- I have some sort of a messed up attitude
- I love listening to Pink Floyd, Nirvana etc.
Isn’t that a lot of information ??
Was just checking out the site and saw this section on Orkut Demographics. Apparently, it’s been there for a long time, just that I never happened to notice it. Gives a good indication on who’s using orkut and how they are using it. Check the image below to see the latest information…
It was quite surprising to see that Brazil leads the list of origin of Orkut users… Googled it a bit and realized that there more that a few reasons for it. Desis have only recently started using this site, but I am sure that our share is going to grow at a fast pace.
Another thing that came to my mind was all the talk about how Google is turning evil… and that sites like orkut and digg are going to serve as nothing but instruments to end our privacy. It is… actually… kinda scary… 🙁
Are people just too dumb to see when a message is a spam ?? I have received the following message on orkut for the nth time now…
Dear user because of sudden rush of people signing up to orkut is come to an attention that we are vastly running our of resources so with in a week any one who does not receive this scrap will be deleted of our server . We know that you are still using this account. We want to find out which users are actually using their orkut accounts so if you are using your then please send this scrap to every orkut user that you can if u do not pass this scrap to anyone then we will delete your account
Just follow these simple steps.
1. Click on the “Messages Tab” in your account.
2. Click on the “compose mail” option which is the last one of the four icons you see together.
3. Select “all friends”
4. Cut and Paste this mail
5. Send it……..
From the Orkut’s News page:
Is it true? Inactive accounts will be deleted? 2/16/2006
We heard there’s a rumor going around orkut that says orkut.com will delete your account for inactivity. We’ve even received this notice from someone pretending to be Orkut himself! This is not true and you can safely disregard these messages or scraps.
Why are people so freaking crazy ?? The worst part is that some of these are people from CS background and should have been using Internet or at least just mail for years now… bloody nitwits… X-(
Was browsing communities on Orkut and came across one called Death. You need to be logged in to visit it. Anyways I joined it cause it’s description said,
Inevitably you will join this community- do it now, or do it later.
laughed my heart out…